The Global Greeter Network
Vienna isn’t the only city with Greeters. The idea was born in New York and has already been set up in a number of cities across the whole world, from Argentina to Vietnam.
All Greeters and Greeter destinations share the same core values.
- Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination
- Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people
- Meeting a Greeter is free of charge
- Visitors are welcomed without any kind of discrimination.
- Greeter programs support sustainable tourism. Programs respects natural and man-made environments, it brings both cultural and economical enrichment to the local communities. Programs aim for a lasting positive image of each destination.
- Greeter programs create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange, create links between ordinary people in creating a better world.
Visit the Global Greeter Network website.